The following document outlines your key responsibilities & duties inclusive of the skill set required.
The list is not exhaustive. As your career progresses within the company we will expect you to grow and develop in your role.
Any major changes in your Job Description will be noted.
Spark Media, a division of CTP is currently seeking a Print key accounts manager who will be responsible for the marketing and sales of the assets that the company owns or represents. Key accounts managers will be responsible for a selection of accounts and their relevant contact points. The candidate will also be expected to prospect for new business in order to reach business targets set.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders will be a key function of the role, as well as managing all aspects of the account, from the sales pitch through to campaign delivery and post campaign reporting.
- Identifying and soliciting new business to meet defined targets and grow the account base
- Prospecting with cold calling, networking and research
- Understanding the company offering with the ability to speak to opportunities and
benefits with authority
- Taking a results-driven, consultative approach to sales
- Developing persuasive proposals in response to client needs and opportunities
- Providing regular updates to direct reports via Pipedrive and grid management
- 100% accountability for meeting and exceeding established sales targets
- Developing relationships with the clients and an understanding of their businesses
and unique situations and challenges
- Making use of the internal resources and partners of Spark Media to deliver results including media, marketing services, spark agency, EBI and Roots research
- Ensuring that a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Guiding clients in their advertising choices
- Participation in sales meetings and the sharing of best practices
- Consistent industry event attendance
- Minimum 3-5 years of account management, relationship management, new business development, media sales experience
- Valid drivers’ license
- Own reliable car
- Proven sales track record
- Passionate about sales
- Negotiation skills
- Aiming to achieve monthly targets
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- A confident team player
- Pro-active, motivated and eager to learn
- Clear reference checks
- Qualification checks
- Valid South African driver’s license and own car
Please send your salary expectations along with your CV to
Closing date: 14 January 2020.