SPARK Media is a media sales powerhouse in the marketing and advertising industry. The Caxton subsidiary focuses on the local newspaper’s national advertising sales.
The following document outlines your key responsibilities & duties inclusive of the skill set required.
The list is not exhaustive. As your career progresses within the company we will expect you to grow and develop in your role.
Any major changes in your Job Description will be noted.
Spark Media, a division of CTP/Caxton, seeks a high-energy, self-motivated advertising sales professional to join their team.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and growing advertising revenue for the large stable of local newspaper products that the company owns or represents.
Each account manager is responsible for a portfolio of existing clients as well as be expected to prospect for new business.
The successful candidate must have effective media selling skills, with 2 years’ experience. Strong relationships with decision-makers within the media industry, is mandatory.
- Taking a results-driven, consultative approach to sales
- Developing persuasive proposals in response to client needs and opportunities
- Providing regular updates to direct reports via Pipedrive and grid management
- 100% accountability for meeting and exceeding established sales targets
- Developing relationships with the clients and an understanding of their businesses
and unique situations and challenges
- Making use of the internal resources and partners of Spark Media to deliver results including media, marketing services, EBI and ROOTS research
- Ensuring that a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained
- Guiding clients in their advertising choices
- Participation in sales meetings and the sharing of best practices
- Consistent industry event attendance
- Preference will be given to a candidate in possession of a post-matric qualification in marketing, communication, media or related fields.
- 1/2 years of account management, relationship management, new business development, media sales experience
- Proven media sales track record
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work under pressure
- A confident team player
- Pro-active, self-motivated and eager to learn
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Valid drivers’ license
- Own car
Clear reference checks
Valid South African driver’s license and own car
Excited about the role and meet our requirements? Then please send a letter of application and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 14 February 2020
This appointment will be made in line with Spark Media’s transformation initiatives.
Further correspondence will only be entered into with candidates under consideration for the position. Should you not have heard from us within 10 working days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.