SPARK Media is a media sales powerhouse in the marketing and advertising industry. The Caxton subsidiary focuses on the local newspaper’s national advertising sales.
Spark Media is looking for a self-motivated, results-driven General Manager, with a proven track record in media sales leadership and general business management.
As a member of the leadership team, the candidate will be responsible (wholly or jointly) for directing and managing the organisation’s business activities.
Spark Media is a sales-first company that relies heavily on latest marketing thinking and the role will focus on refining and developing effective strategies, programmes, systems and processes that best support its key objective of selling advertising.
You will work closely with the directors and CEO to create the right structures and integrated communication processes to drive sales, enhance efficiencies and grow revenue.
This position will report directly to the CEO.
- Relevant post-matric qualification(s), preference will be given to a MBA graduate
- Good knowledge of different business functions
- Proven track record in media sales management role
- Strong relationships and a high profile within the media advertising industry
- Excellent sales, communication and inter-personal skills
- Deep understanding of media planning and working knowledge of the tools i.e. research etc.
- Proactive nature
- Good work ethic
- Strategic thinker
- Strong leadership skills
- Willingness to learn continuously
- Team player
Include, but are not limited to the following duties:
- Focus on improving staff productivity, improving customer service levels and meeting business objectives
- Improving external and internal communication and admin processes
- Contributing to business strategy discussions and implementation
- Assist in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities
- Engaging with suppliers and partners
- Generating of reports
The successful candidate will be joining a modern, progressive, collaborative, and most importantly, stable and successful team.
Clear reference checks
Valid South African driver’s license and own car
Excited about the role and meet our requirements? Then please send a letter of application and an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Closing date: 14 February 2020.
This appointment will be made in line with Spark Media’s transformation initiatives.
Further correspondence will only be entered into with candidates under consideration for the position. Should you not have heard from us within 10 working days of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.