SALES & OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Digital Briefcase Sales & Operations Manager is required to head up a dynamic business division within the Caxton CTP group which offers digital marketing services to SME clients. The Sales & Operations Manager will be responsible for the management & growth of the division, including the management of a sales team (guiding and driving the team to achieve sales targets) and a production team (overseeing of day to day operations & fulfillment of digital marketing services). The ideal candidate is someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, extensive digital marketing knowledge, and with both managerial & sales experience. An ad agency background involving the sales and fulfillment of a service based marketing offering would be advantageous.
Cultivate the following abilities within your sales team as well as possess the ability to partake in these activities hands on where necessary in order to meet the sales targets of the business division:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital marketing services & packages which the Digital Briefcase sales team is responsible for selling.
- Consult with SME owners on their short & long-term digital marketing needs and recommend and sell Digital Briefcase products & services based on these.
- Be prepared to invest time in educating SME owners on the value of digital marketing and how it can be integrated into their marketing initiatives.
- Building and maintaining sustainable relationships with SME clients.
- Work effectively through the full sales process, from gathering leads, to pitching and proposing digital marketing solutions, with strong closing skills.
- Manage the various stages of the sales process through a CRM tools such as PipeDrive.
- Effectively capturing digital marketing briefs and passing these on to the production team for fulfillment.
- Show expertise in the effective management of a sales hit list.
- Constantly source and secure new business in a creative and innovative manner.
- Be driven to succeed in consistently meeting and exceeding the sales targets of the business division.
- Manage a production team consisting directly of website developers & traffic controllers, and indirectly of copywriters, photographers & digital campaign managers.
- Show a keen understanding of project management with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understand and oversee the fulfilment processes per product to ensure that the production team meet their daily and weekly deadlines for each campaign booked.
- Ensure that best practices are implemented in the fulfilment of each campaign to produce the best quality product possible.
- Actively solve problems & enquiries encountered by your various team members in the process of best serving Digital Briefcase clientele.
- Keep up to date with digital marketing trends, local market knowledge and direct & indirect competitors.
- Work proactively with the Digital Manager to find areas of improvement in the Digital Briefcase offerings, systems & processes.
- Assisting the Digital Manager in developing & updating documentation including but not limited to sales decks, rate cards, training materials, end user agreements, operations manuals, briefing templates etc
- Have a key influence in the strategic direction of the business division under the supervision of the Digital Manager.
- Be responsible for the financial management of the business unit, including managing the profit and loss of the business division, reporting back on this to the Digital Manger on a monthly basis.
- Be responsible for the marketing message for Digital Briefcase as well as oversee the production of all marketing material, including but not limited to print ads, display ads, pamphlets, press releases, social media schedules, etc.
- Representing the Digital Briefcase brand at expos, conferences, functions & meetings where required.
- Assistance in training/consulting with other Caxton divisions & branches in other regions as the Digital Briefcase brand expands.
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial personality who wants head up and grow their own business unit.
- Have integral understanding of the SME market and mind-set.
- Passionate & knowledgeable about the digital marketing industry.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Outgoing, resilient personality.
- Strong sense of accountability and problem solving.
- Exceptional written, verbal, phone and presentation skills.
- Pays high attention to detail & is not willing to accept average.
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Well presented & confident.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and be deadline driven.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Relevant marketing or business degree
- 12months+ experience in digital marketing services
- 6months+ managerial experience
- 6 months+ sales experience
- Project management or agency experience advantageous
- Drivers licence
- Johannesburg based
Should you meet these requirements please email your CV to email@example.com
Closing date 13th March 2017
If you haven’t heard from us by 20th March your application was unsuccessful.